Join us Saturday June 9, 2018 at 11am for our Herb Workshop
Beyond the Sauce- Part II
Inspired by Ancient tradition such as the Native American Medicine Wheel, this workshop will be a more in-depth look at herbs and plants and how to use them to take control of your health and general well-being, naturally and simply.
Topics will include:
- Indigenous / native approach to healing (mind-body-spirit)
- Understanding the spirit of herbs and medicines
- Adaptogens -plant and herbs with very specific wellness and preventive benefits such as anti-inflammatories
- Foraging/plant identification
- Herbal harvesting
- Drying techniques and storage tips
- Making medicinal teas and more
- Simple ways to go green around the house with cleaners, pest control, scenting, decorating & more
- Herbal food and drink recipes
- Herbs for aromatherapy and cleansing
One of our guest speakers will be Eric Marmolejo, an elder of the Yaqui Indian tribe
The cost for the class is $10 per person. Participants will each receive $10 in Heaven Hill Farm credit.
Pre-registration is encouraged.